Monday, July 16, 2007

boy

you knew it was coming


There are magnets on my refrigerator. They have words on them. I like these magnets. I like to rearrange these words, I like to put them into unnatural positions. Sometimes what I like most is to walk out to the kitchen and see that there is something there that I did not create. Currently, that (above) is what is there that I did not put there.

I do not care who put it there. I am not interested in the fact that this statement was created using words that are not in the statement and the clever insertion of blank space. This statement was not random, it was created. On purpose. And I wonder if it was created for me. I do not see it coming from the heads of anyone that has been in the vicinity of my refrigerator since the last time I looked at it. Immaterial. The fact is, today, and yesterday, and the past few weeks, this sentiment was created with me in mind.

I have to question the nature of coincidence and the seemingly random occurence. So many times it's as though so many things are happening with me in mind specifically. This is a completely arrogant approach to anything, but I do not care. Things happen. In all the world, all the words, all the possibilities and all the people and all the infinitesimal ways in which things can line up and come together and all the people that they could be presented to, when it happens that the one thing that is really going to scream at me is not only presented to me but presented in such a way that I will understand and at (possibly) the one time in my entire ignorant flame of existence that I would not only pay attention but listen, actually listen, strikes me as not only lucky but possibly divine. I do not know anything about anything when it comes to the subject of the divine. I know only what I think and what I believe, but I do not claim to have the answers for anyone but me. But I know this. When these things happen, I better fucking pay attention. Cause I'm afraid that if I ignore the small things, I'm going to get hit with the big ones.

This is a small thing. It is a random jumble of letters, thrown together on my refrigerator, seemingly disjointed but really, it really is not. At all. It is a crop circle. It's a witching stick. It's a rune and a bone and it's a card with the figure of Death, it's a messenger that you do not set aside lightly. Boy, you knew it was coming. You did this, you made it and you wished for it and you breathed it into existence, and now whatever happens you cannot say that you did not know.

And I know. I always know. I, always know. That sentiment holds so true with me and is so firmly a part of my psyche and consciousness that it is encapsulated in the best way I could. It is on a magnet, on my refrigerator. On purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home